Before you choose this tooth replacement it’s important that you understand everything about it.
When it comes to tooth loss, it’s important to treat the issue right away before it affects other aspects of your smile. Of course, choosing your dental restoration shouldn’t be rushed. After all, your Winter Park, FL dentist, Dr. James Outlaw, wants to make sure that you are happy with the choice you’ve made. Before you get dental implants, find out more about them!
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed by your Winter Park restorative dentist into the jawbone. In the past if you lost a tooth, the only options were removable dentures or a dental bridge, but now implants make it easier to get a more stable and attractive restoration that lasts much longer.
The implant is made from titanium, which bonds together with the jawbone. Once this happens the implant is there to stay! Unlike other restorations that will need to be replaced after several years, implants rarely ever need to be replaced.
What are some of the benefits of getting implants?
There are countless smile benefits you’ll enjoy when you get dental implants in Winter Park, including a restoration that:
- Looks and functions like a real tooth
- Improves self-confidence and your appearance
- Is durable and designed to last a lifetime
- Doesn’t require special care
- Will preserve your jawbone health and facial structure
- Will prevent other teeth from shifting out of place
What is getting implants like?
It’s important to recognize that getting dental implants is actually a process and it won’t be a fast one. Here is what you can expect:
- You’ll come in for a consultation. We will determine if your mouth is healthy enough for implants. We will also take X-rays and impressions of your teeth.
- Next, we will create a treatment plan, which will be based on the health of your jawbone and the number of teeth you need to replace. We will also talk to you about how to care for your implants.
- The first surgery will then be performed under local anesthesia to place the implant into the jawbone. Getting an implant takes several procedures and anywhere from three months to about nine months or more to complete. Yes, it does take time and a lot of time is important for healing. But many patients will agree that it was all worth it once they finally got their new tooth.
If you have questions about dental implants or you want to schedule a consultation, it’s time you called Outlaw Dental in Winter Park, FL to get the restorative dentistry you deserve.