Are you unsure if dental implants are the best choice for your situation? Learning a little about this innovative restoration method can help you make a decision. Winter Park, FL, dentist Dr. James Outlaw of Outlaw Dental offers dental implants and other restoration options that restore your smile.
Should I Choose a Dental Implant?
Dental implants offer a long-term solution to tooth loss and may be a good choice in these situations:
- You're Unhappy with the Gap in Your Smile: The loss of even one tooth is very noticeable and can make you feel a little self-conscious at work and in social settings. A dental implant topped with a dental crown will fill the gap in your smile and help boost your self-esteem.
- You Want a Restoration That Can Last Your Entire Life: Unlike other restorations, dental implants actually become a permanent part of your jaw and act as synthetic roots. The titanium post bond to the bone as little as three to six months after they're placed in the bone during minor oral surgery. With proper care, most implants will never need to be replaced. Due to wear and tear, you'll need to replace your crown about every 10 to 15 years.
- You're Not Happy with Your Dentures: Although implants are often used to replace single missing teeth, they're also an excellent option if you wear dentures. Each denture is connected to four or more implants in your jaw. Implant-supported dentures don't slip when you chew and don't decrease your biting power.
- You're Concerned About Changes to Your Jaw After Tooth Loss: Without constant stimulation from your tooth roots, your jawbone may begin to eventually shrink. A shrinking jawbone can cause several unpleasant consequences, such as facial sagging or the loosening or loss of some of your other teeth.
- You Prefer an Easy-Care Restoration Method: Taking care of dental implants is simple and only requires daily brushing and flossing and regular visits to your Winter Park dentist. Flossing around the base of your crown is particularly important and helps prevent an infection that may loosen the implant.
Fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants! Call Winter Park, FL, dentist Dr. James Outlaw of Outlaw Dental at (407) 671-6506 to schedule an appointment.